GP Practice

GP practice mad drIn most countries, a Doctor (General Practitioner to be specific), goes to tertiary education for 7 years or thereabouts. You would assume that they'd be fairly good at what they do. What is slightly unnerving though, is that they end up a practitioner, defined as:

someone who practices a learned profession

If it's a learned profession can't you just do it? Say for instance, if I play a video game, to practice, I would not be scoring points, or achieving set goals. I would be experimenting on different techniques to learn what happens as an outcome.

After practice(1), I put in to practice(2), the things I have learnt while practicing.

So, for some fucked up reason beknown only to those who invented Enklish (sic)... to practice is to learn how to perfect something, yet you can still practice a learned profession.

Why is the word practice an oxymoron by it's own definition?


Tags: , , , , , ,

0 comments: