Thanger and co.

I know you can get some good quality coat-hangers that are actually capable of holding a coat but that's beside the point. I was in my wardrobe the other day, look at all my hanging clothes, (which for me, the drawerless man), is basically everything except jocks 'n' socks. So as I asked this question, I thought "Hang on, stop! Other people use drawers, therefore only hanging coats", hence the name... But Alas no!

The vast majority of things on coathangers for a male, would be shirts! For a lass, dresses. So you prepare yourself. You think I'm going to ask, "Well why are they called coathangers?", I was going to, I woulda called them shirt-rods. Or dress-holder-upper-me-bobs. No no no no. The question, my not so avid reader who came here off a google image link by accident, (Yes I'm watching you I have everything about you motherfuckers), is is is is is... In the old days, men wore shirts a lot more than now. Coats were I assume, optional, (so left hanging), yet your vast majority of clothes would have been shirts and dress pants.

So how did the old motherfuuckers store 'em?


Obviously not on hangers!

Tags: , ,

0 comments: